Natural Beauty Products – Gives You Healthy Skin, Saving You Money

Did you know that you can make a large variety of natural body products right in your kitchen? Nearly any type of body product that you can buy in the stores, you can make yourself at home. Not only will you save a lot of money by making these products yourself, it is not nearly as time consuming to do it as you might think it is. Many products can be made in only a few short minutes, by simple methods such as melting ingredients over a double boiler, or in a microwave and a little stirring and mixing.
Natural body products line the shelves of drug and department stores, but do you know what you are really getting when you buy these products? Just because a label says “organic” or “natural” doesn’t automatically make it so. For example, cosmetic manufacturers can label their products organic if they have at least 70% organic ingredients in their skin care items. That still leaves 30% of their product that can have synthetic fragrances, colorants, thickeners, foaming agents and the like. If you are wary of these types of ingredients, and you should be, it is definitely time to consider making your own skin care products.
Natural body products that you make yourself at home are made with fresh, wholesome ingredients and are not full of artificial fragrances and foaming agents. They can be made exactly how you like them, in small batches with total absence of preservatives, or with natural preservatives such as vitamin E and grain alcohol. The choice is entirely up to you. If pure essential oils are a little more than your budget can currently bear, there is always the choice to use fragrance oils, which have some synthetic ingredients, but are much less expensive than essential oils.
Natural body products such as body wash, shampoos and conditioners, bubble bath, lotions and scrubs can all be made at home, For the adventurous, you can even venture into making your own soaps, either by the melt and pour method, or by the hot or cold process methods. These last two methods involve handling lye, which can be done safely with proper equipment and safety precautions.
Natural body products that you make yourself will also save you money, too. Skin care and bath and body products are marked up anywhere between 600-2000%. While you will have a bit of an initial outlay to start making your products, most of the things that you can make at home only use a few ounces of any particular ingredient. Many skin care recipes are made with ingredients straight out of your kitchen cupboards, such as honey and oatmeal, and only cost pennies to make.

READ  Beauty Advice That Will Make You Truly Radiant